Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick Chicken Stroganoff


This is a very easy recipe, not much ingredients & won't take forever to prepare. The recipe is from Australia's Super Food Ideas. I simply adore this magazine & I have a friend who has been very kind to get me a copy each time she's in Australia !

Serves 4
Ingredients :

600g Chicken breast fillets
2 Tsp sweet paprika
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
4 Rashers rindless bacon, chopped
400g Button mushrooms, thickly sliced
3/4 Cup chicken stock
250g Cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Cooked fettuccine pasta, to serve

Cut chicken into medallions, place in a bowl, add paprika, toss well.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large, deep, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat-high heat, add chicken, cook for 2 mins each side or unitl browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in pan, add onion, garlic & bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion has softened & bacon browned. Add mushroom, cook for 2 mins or until mushroom has started to brown.
Return chicken to pan, add stock, cover & bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer, covered for 10 mins. Add tomatoes, simmer, covered for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through & tomatoes have softened.
Remove from heat, stir in sour cream & parsley. Serve with pasta.

* I cut the chicken breast fillet into thick strip about 2" size so it'll be easier for the girls to eat. After browning the fillets, I removed them from the pan & put aside, only adding them when the dish is done, they were succulent, perfectly cooked. I get annoyed once when when hubby's friend said that only fools eat chicken breast ! Well, my girls grow up with chicken breast & I don't see any problem with that. I've added 1/2 cup of white wine to the dish & just realized that I've forgotten about the sour cream when I'm typing this. Nevertheless, it was good. I couldn't find flat-leaf parsley this time so just left it out & substituted the button mushroom with shimeji.
Instead of fettuccine, I've used penne.

1 comment:

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

yer I like straganoff one!!! yummy yummy !!aiks! how come u can forget about the cream ar! hahahha ;p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails