Friday, August 8, 2008

Bluberry Chiffon Cake



After drooling at the yummy bakes Mandy had at her blog, I decided I should bake ourselves a blueberry cake too ! Since I still have frozen blueberries in my freezer, I settled on a cake that's on the lighter side, a blueberry chiffon cake.
This chiffon cake recipe is adapted from a Taiwanese blog.

Ingredients :

95g Flour
8g Corn flour
5g Baking powder
20g Sugar
60g Olive oil
60g Milk
5 Egg yolks

5 Egg whites
3g Cream of tartar
95g Sugar

In a large bowl, combine flour, corn flour, baking powder & sugar, add olive oil, milk & egg yolks, stir until smooth, set aside.

In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, continue to beat until firm & glossy.

Fold half of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture to lighten it. Fold the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white mixture until well combined. Pour batter into a 22cm tube pan, bake at preheated oven of 160C, bake for 40-45 mins. Once cake is done, invert the pan & let the cake cool down. Run a spatula through the side of the pan to loosen the cake.

* I found the taste of olive oil too strong, so I changed it to canola oil & added 1 tsp of vanilla essence. I've added 100g of blueberries into the batter, fold them in before baking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails