Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fish & Chips


JF wanted fish & chips for lunch today. It was easy as I've already have some breaded dory fillet in my freezer. I wanted to get crinkle cut fries but she wanted shoe string instead, this packet of fries was a mistake, they were mostly broken so I ended up with many small bits of overcooked fries which went into the bin. This coleslaw is a healthy version, I made it with both white & purple cabbage & carrot, cut with the slicer attcachment of my food processor. The dressing is made with 1 small container of yoghurt, juice of half a lemon, 1 grated onion, 3Tbsp of mayo & sugar to taste. I did not add any salt to the dressing & I only combined the dressing with the cabbage/carrot mixture upon serving because we don't like soggy coleslaw.






I've also baked some little chocolate molten cakes for dessert. I've used Valrhona 55% dark chocolate for these cakes. I probably didn't grease & flour the rameskins well, some part of the crust was stuck to the rameskins, that's why we got such ugly cakes ! This one is the 'prettiest' of all that I've baked, sigh....... the last time we had this was about 1 1/2 years ago !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails