Friday, August 15, 2008

Grilled Tiger Prawns

I'm in the mood for BBQ today. Must be out of my mind, in such a hot hot afternoon & when I was cooking outside those irritating flies were buzzing around like busy bees ! But it's worth every effort, hubby & the girls enjoyed the lunch. As usual, they had their steamed broccoli, with carrots this time & I also made a simple rice pilaf with basmati rice, onion, garlic & chicken stock.

Ingredients :

12 Tiger prawns
12 Bamboo skewers
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp corn starch
1 Tbsp Ginger & wine mixture

Marinade :
8 Shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp salted bean paste, minced
3 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Chinese rose wine (玫瑰露)
1 Tbsp each of light & dark soya sauce
1/4 Cup water

Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a saucepan, add shallots, cook till fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients & cook over low heat for 10 mins or until thickened, remove from heat & leave to cool.
Devein prawns, rub lightly with 1/2 tsp of salt & 1 tsp corn starch. Rinse & pat dry, mix with the ginger & wine mixture。
Drain prawns & mix with the cooled marinate for 1 hr. Thread prawns onto bamboo skewers.
Grill prawns till cooked through.

*I've doubled the recipe to feed the 4 of us.

5 comments:

daphne said...

ooo. I like the look of these-esp the grilled flavours! Must hv taken u ages to skewered them.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

mmm..yumm...i can smell the prawns

ganache-ganache said...

Daphne : it's indeed flavourful,
worth the effort !

Terri : yes, they are so aromatic....

bryan said...

Lorrine I must agree with you. You must be mad, mad for grilled prawns!

They look like they were worth the pain and suffering tho. :)

ganache-ganache said...

yes I am, I'm a great seafood lover......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails