Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chocolate-Espresso Mousse cake


Besides the Asian sweet water chestnut soup, I also baked a Chocolate-Espresso Mousse Cake for dessert this morning. Today is the Sutera Harbour annual 7K run, I know I'm going to need some sugary stuff before I go running, so whipped up this wonderfully light cake so I can indulge before I run.

I've always been dreaming of a light chocolaty cake with coffee flavour in it, no fat, no flour, seems impossible right ? Well, such cake do exists, it's David Lebovitz's recipe on this wonderful Chocolate-Espresso Mousse Cake ! It's so velvety, smooth & melt in your mouth, as if you've gone to chocolate heaven, trust me, I'm not exaggerating,just that you do need a good grade chocolate, I've used Varlhona 55%.
This cake is indeed tricky, you really have to freeze it, dip a knife in hot water before you cut it, if not you'll end up with crumbs all over cos' the cake is so fragile, it's basically made up of chocolate, eggs & sugar, nothing else, JF had 2 pcs before we left the house at 4pm today !

Talking about the 7K run @ Sutera Harbour, I thought I couldn't make it this year as I've not been running so frequently like I used to due to my baking schedule. Well, I was wrong, I managed to clock in at 41.35 mins for the 7km, just slightly slower than the 40 mins time I've maintained for the past 3 years. I was happy though, given the fact that I'm few years older than before, hee hee ! I had my pretty french pedicure on my toe nails, so while I was running one of the toe nail was cutting into the other nail, I could feel the pain but just ignored it, only until I finished running that I took off my socks that I realised that my left sock was blood-soaked, that's the price to pay for beauty I think !

7 comments:

Denise ^ ChiCkyEGG said...

This sounds like Chocolate souffle cake!!
hey, where u normally buy your heavy cream here ?

ganache-ganache said...

Even though Chocolate souffle cake is flourless, it usually contains butter, this one has no fat, I've reserved a slice for you !!!

Denise ^ ChiCkyEGG said...

HEY! this is true
really really Melt in ur mouth ! :D
Thanks Mrs. GAnaChe!!

And, my relatives were ' Wow, waww" when they see the golf & hidden durians! :D~! they love the cake toO! ;D ( THey are from Denmark) TQ anyways

ganache-ganache said...

tq........

Anonymous said...

I simply couldn't go away your site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the usual info an individual provide in your visitors? Is going to be again continuously in order to inspect new posts

Here is my blog: http://greencoffeecleanse.net

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this topic
for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered so
far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you positive in regards
to the source?

Review my page; http://officialsnet.com/blog/index.php/claire450

Anonymous said...

Conceived in 2004 by Yuhki Kamatani, Nabari no Ou has all the ingredients for a successful series,
however with the release of volume 4, are they only now coming together.

In summary he proposes guerilla action where possible and political action where it’s not, all
in support of overthrowing current Arab governments which do
not subscribe to fundamentalist Islam. " Machinima's Nanea Reeves offered the mention, though Pascal Brochier E.

my page; download clash of clans for mac

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails