Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sweet Glazed Sausages


I know sausages are not healthy but who on earth don't like sausages ??

We love sausages but I try not to cook it often, leave it once in a blue moon treat.

I couldn't resist those sausages I saw at SupaSave, Brunei, so I brought some back to KK. I grilled the sausages using our favourite recipe, adapted from Super Food Ideas.

3/4 Cup orange marmalade
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Kicap Manis *
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
12 Sausages

Combine marmalade, olive oil, Kicap Manis & garlic in a ceramic bowl. Add sausages, turn to coat, cover & refrigerate for 2 hrs.

Heat a grill pan with some oil until hot. Remove sausages from marinate, drain. Add sausages to pan & cook till browned, turning & basting with the marinate.

* Kicap Manis is a Indonesian sweet soya sauce, easily found in supermarkets.
I've served the sausages with steamed broccoli, alongside with some sauteed button mushroom, onion & potatoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails