Friday, November 21, 2008

Black Sesame Chiffon Cake


I always feel lazy at the end of the year due to the cool weather.

But I can't be lazing around the whole day doing nothing. Besides my usual baking schedule, I still spend time baking for ourselves.
But the past week, I've been making double batch of bread to last us for 2 days since I'm left with little time. Yesterday, my buns that were supposed to be for 2 days were all gone so I've to look for a simple recipe for today's breakfast. I settled on chiffon cake, a black sesame version, which does not require long hours.

Ingredients :

85g Flour
8g Cornflour
5g Baking powder
20g Sugar
60g Canola Oil
60g Milk
18g Ground black sesame
5g Roasted black sesame seeds (optional)
5 Egg yolks


5 Egg whites
95g Sugar
Pinch cream of tartar

In a large bowl, combine flour, cornflour, baking powder, sugar, canola oil, milk, ground sesame, sesame seeds (if using) & egg yolks. Stir until smooth & set aside.

In a seperate bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar till soft peaks form, add sugar gradually, beat until firm & glossy.
Fold half the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture to lighten it. Fold the egg yolk mixture back to the egg white mixture until well combined. Pour batter into a 22 cm ungreased tube pan, bake in preheated oven of 160C for 45 mins, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Once the cake is done, invert the pan & let the cake cool. Run a spatula along the side of the pan to loosen the cake once it is cool.

* I've only used 4 eggs this time as I do not want a very tall cake. The baking time will be reduced by about 5 mins.

2 comments:

Zurin said...

hmmm interesting. Must try. Gosh you bake cakes like nobody's business! I like the bob the builder.so cute! and the cempedak muffins. that is the first time iv seen that!ive been thinking of making a cake using local fruits too...must think of something soon.

ganache-ganache said...

Try it with durian, it's yummy too !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails