Thursday, November 6, 2008

French Toast


I was making french toast every morning while we were in Brunei but still couldn't get enough of it, so we had it for breakfast again this morning !

Instead of the usual maple syrup, I made a mixed berry sauce to go with the toast & the girls loved it.

Ingredients :

8 slices day old bread
3 large eggs
2 Tbsp honey, warmed
1 Cup whipping cream
20g Butter

Beat eggs, honey & whipping cream till well combined.
Remove crust from bread & cut it into half diagonally. Dip bread into the egg mixture & let is soak through, remove & set aside.
Melt butter in a large frying pan, place bread slices into the pan, let it cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat & serve warm with maple syrup or fruits.

I've served my french toast with berry sauce today & this is my version of it :

250g frozen mixed berries ( red currants, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
60g caster sugar

Combine the frozen berries with caster sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Let the mixture boil, turn down the heat & let the sauce simmer till slightly thickened. I didn't bother to strain the berries as I like them with seeds.

1 comment:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

hi thnk 4 ur msg. my mobile's faulty n ur no can't be retrieved. u r very observant :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails