Friday, February 27, 2009

Apple Buns - Improved Version

I made another batch of apple buns yesterday, with the same recipe that I posted earlier on.
The dough part is the same, only made some changes to the apple filling.

Filling :
(A)
400g Apples, cut into cubes
150g Sugar *
Pinch of salt
110ml Water
1Tbsp Lemon juice

(B)
40g Cornflour*
40ml Water

(C)
20g Butter

Cook (A) til boiling, add the premixed (B) & continue cooking till mixture thickens. Remove from heat, add (C) & mix till well blended, leave to cool.


This time I've added 75g of sugar & a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the chopped apples. As for the cornflour, 20g of it with 2 Tbsp(30ml) of water is sufficient to thicken the liquid for cooking the apples. The consistency is just nice, not too thick & gooey like the first time I've done it.

I made 16 buns but only got to try one, the rest were all snapped up by hubby & the girls. Definitely worth the effort to make these buns, this recipe is a keeper !



I've egg washed the buns before baking, definely more atractive than the first batch !


First batch of the buns, without egg wash

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails