Friday, February 27, 2009

Chicken Pies

I spent the whole morning of Wednesday making chicken pies for M. She tried my pie at a friend's house & asked me to make a batch for her too. I made my shortcrust pastry from scratch, with butter of course. I know shortening make a crispier pastry but nope, I won't sell what I don't eat. My pies are frozen once made so you only bake it when you're having it.


These are bigger pies that another friend ordered last month. What M ordered was the smaller ones, will post the picture of the smaller ones once I have it.


The ingredients in the chicken pie are usually chopped poached chicken breast, onion, garlic, frozen peas (Wattie's, not those from china which are still rock hard even after boiling !), canned button mushroom. M wanted fresh ingredients for her pies so I omitted the canned mushroom & frozen peas, added some chopped leeks, carrots & potatoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails