Friday, January 9, 2009

Easy Blueberry & Apple Bread


I couldn't get enough of apples these few days.

Yesterday, I was trying out a new recipe for an apple cake which looks so light & yummy in the book. However, it was a huge flop, I don't know if it was the recipe or my fault ! I'll give it a try again in a few day's time.
By the time I finished with the experiment, it was 4pm & I started to panic. Why ? Because there's no breakfast for the next day. Apples came to my mind again, so I thought of my Irish soda bread.

This is a very easy food processor recipe which I use quite often when I don't have time to make anything for breakfast.

Ingredients :

2 Cups flour
4 Tbsp Sugar
1/8 Tsp Salt
3/4 Tsp Baking soda
1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
45g Butter
1 Cup Milk
125g Blueberries*
1 Apple, thinly sliced

In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder & process till well combined. Add butter & process till the mixture resemble breadcrumbs. Add milk to the mixture, process again until the smooth batter forms. Lastly, fold the blueberries & the sliced apples into the batter, leaving some apple slices for arranging on the top. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the top of the apples. Bake at preheated oven of 170C, on the lower rack, for about 50 - 55 mins. I've used a 8x3" loaf pan.

*Bluberries can be replaced with sultanas or dried cranberries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails