Friday, May 29, 2009

Parmesan-Crumbed Baked Fish


This is one over due post, a weeknight dinner 2 weeks ago

I'm always on the lookout for easy meals that I can prepare in a rather short time. I wanted a simple meal that can be cooked in the oven so I turned to this website for their trustworthy & yummy recipes. This time , I set my eyes on this easy Parmesan-crumbed baked fish recipe.

Ingredients :
(Serves 4)

1/2 Cup Fresh multi-grain breadcrumbs *
1/4 Cup Flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped *
1/3 Cup Finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tsp Finely grated lemon rind *
1 Tsp Olive oil
4 (200g each) Thick white fish steaks *
Olive oil cooking spray
salt & pepper
Steamed green beans, boiled potatoes & lemon wedges, to serv

Preheat oven to 200C. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind, salt & pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle mixture with olive oil, stir until breadcrumbs are coated in oil.

Press mixture onto flesh-side of fish fillets to form an even topping.

Place fish, skin-side down, onto a baking tray. Spray with oil, bake for 15 mins or until crumbs are light golden & fish is just cooked through. Serve with steamed beans, potatoes & lemon wedges.

* I've used panko instead of fresh breadcrumbs, it's so convenient. And I substituted the flat-leaf parsley leaves with 1 Tbsp of dried parsley. I didn't bother grating the rind off a lemon so I've added some lemon pepeper to the panko. As for the fish, I've used garoupa fillets. As I've mentioned before that I don't like any kind of beans, so I've made a tomato salsa. It's made with combining : 1/2 packet of cherry tomatoes & 1/2 packet of golden cherry tomatoes, chopped, 1 small red onion, finely chopped, 1 small Japanese cucumber, chopped, 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp of sugar - toss well to serve. Besides this, there's also steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

Cindy Khor said...

i'm definitely going to try this recipe this sunday... fingers crossed... thanks for the recipe and the link...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails