Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seafood Pasta With White Wine Sauce


Lately, I've been craving for the yummy seafood pasta at Restaurant Ember back home.

I was at Dome for lunch last Sunday & on their menu I saw a seafood pasta, so very naturally I ordered it. I was shocked when the pasta arrived, drenched in what looked like a can of carnation creamer. It was totally different from the picture on the menu & I had it sent back to the kitchen !

I attempted my own version of seafood pasta for dinner on Tuesday. I wouldn't say it was really yummy, at least the ingredients used were of good quality & good enough to satisfy my cravings.

Recipe :

500g Dried pasta (I've used vermicelli)
500g Prawns (peeled & deveined) & fish fillets
250g Scallops
2 Tbsp Olive oil
50g Butter (I've used Lurpak)
6 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
1 1/2 Cup White wine
2 Tomatoes, chopped
Flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
Salt & pepper to taste

1. Cook pasta accordingly to package instructions. Drain & set aside.

2. In a large pan, heat olive oil with half the butter till warm, add garlic & chilli, cook for a few mins till fragrant. Add prawns & fish to pan, cook for a few mins, remove from pan with a slotted spoon when they're almost cooked & set aside. Add white wine & bring to boil, reduce heat & let simmer till slightly thick, add the remaining butter. Return the prawns & fish to the pan, followed by scallops & chopped tomatoes, season with salt & pepper.

Toss cooked pasta through the sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley & serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails