Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baked Terriyaki Cod Fish


Terriyaki sauce is an essential sauce in my kitchen, I'll always have a container of it in my freezer. I don't buy commercial made one, it'll always be cooked from scratch. In fact, this is so easy to make & it keeps well in the freezer.
Terriyaki sauce goes well with meat, fish, seafood, even just over plain rice, it's so yummy !

As & when I need some terriyaki sauce, I just get the container out of the freezer, scoop out the portion I need & back to the freezer it goes. The sauce will just be thickened, not hard frozen, even when kept in the freezer.

I make my terriyaki sauce with :

3 Cups Kikoman soy sauce
1 Cup Mirin
1 Cup Sake
1 Cup water
Rock sugar to taste
1 Bulb garlic, left whole (optional) *

Place all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil, uncovered, turn down heat & let simmer till sauce thickens slightly.

* If using garlic, peel a layer of the outer skin of the garlic bulb & simmer together with the sauce ingredients, remove the garlic with a slotted spoon when the sauce is done.

This time I baked some cod fish fillets with terriyaki sauce. I'm not a big fan of frying fish as I smell like one after cooking & I hate it !!
What I did was to marinate some cod fish fillets in some terriyaki sauce (enough to coat the fish) & a dash of sesame oil, leave it in a container in the fridge for a few hours for the flavour to penetrate the fish. An hour before cooking, remove the fish from the fridge. When it's time for cooking, preheat oven to 230C, line a baking tray with aluminum foil for easier & less messy clean-up. Place the cod fish fillets on the tray, pour the marinate over them, bake for 15-20 mins, depending on the thicken of the fish.

6 comments:

terri@adailyobsession said...

yum, cod! coincidentally, i cooked teriyaki pork, er, it was more yakitori but same sauce.

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

hahahha, frying makes u 满头烟 ! i also dont like, simple fried vege also , my hand will full of smoke smell

NEE said...

thank you for the recipe. I had tried some recipes but results was not good. but yours look very wholesome. will try it and let you know.

zurin said...

this looks so good Lorraine! oh n ur cookie monster cake was soooo cute!

Aimei said...

This is interesting! I didn't know you could make terayki sauce on your own too! :) Should have saw this post otherwise wouldn't havw wasted my bottle of mirin ;)

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails